The goal is to form a group of PDS dermatologists with a passion for evidence-based approaches combining best practices from traditional, complementary and alternative healing modalities in dermatology.
To bridge Eastern and Western approaches to dermatology and all healing modalities, emphasizing root causes and evidence based practice.
To increase knowledge and awareness our medical and dermatology community in the different integrative approaches to healing.
To assess root cause for dermatologic conditions
To promote evidence-based approaches combining best practices from traditional, complementary and alternative healing modalities in dermatology.
To explore integrating Eastern and Western approaches to dermatologic therapy (including functional, integrative, holistic, anthroposophic, and restorative approaches) with an emphasis on targeting root causes.
To promote and conduct research in integrative approaches in dermatology to increase evidence.
A unique group of compassionate loving dermatologists who seek to heal patients integrating many disciplines to promote holistic health
To cultivate awareness of the interconnection between body, mind, soul and spirit.
To address the growing trend of functional and integrative complementary alternative medicine in general as it relates to dermatology
To advocate for the importance of women’s and maternal health including breastfeeding as part of the holistic approach
To promote environmental and planetary health as part of the holistic approach to human health. To study the exposome.
To incorporate exposure and training of integrative dermatology in the training of dermatology residents.
To promote awareness of the various holistic approaches in functional, integrative, anthrophosophic medicine and womens health in dermatology
To compare features, benefits, safety and efficacy of the different modalities and approaches in non-traditional dermatology
To promote nutrition as it relates to disease.
Maria Tricia B. Manlongat-Malahito
Jasmin J. Jamora
- Patricia Valle-Tin
- Cristina Sioson-Magat
- Maan Singson
- Erica Rogando Tan
- Vermen Verallo-Rowell
- Henedina Belicena
- Celia Theresa Layson
- Elvira L. Henares-Esguerra
- Jean Marquez
- Maximin Navarro
- Karren Anne M. Carnero
- Amy Fatima C. Chua
- Leo Manuel Escasa
- Beverly Ong Amoranto
- Bernadette Chua
- Ces Rosete
- Gene Torres
- Mariel Arambulo Cordero
- Maya Santos
- Zharlah gulmatico Flores
- Ma. Henedina Belicena
- Ched Cancio Cruz
- Paola Lorenzo
- Joanne Rebulida Caputero
PDS Fellow with good moral character and good standing with PDS
Consistency in attending and participating continuing professional development on Functional/integrative dermatology and other affiliations (Anthroposophic Medicine and breastfeeding)
Other relevant indicators to show genuine interest in the subject (ex: active involvement in related projects and activities embarked on by the Functional/integrative dermatology group)
Involved in any one or all of the following major participation:
- Recognized/ Formal training or certification in any related field in functional and integrative dermatology (example functional medicine AFMCP) and other affiliations (Anthroposophic Medicine and breastfeeding)
- Academic teaching affiliation on Functional/integrative dermatology and other affiliations (Anthroposophic Medicine and breastfeeding)– (teaching activities, residency training, fellowship training)
- Primary involvement participation in clinical trials and other relevant research
- Authorship in research publications
Plus any of the following minor:
- Involvement in advocacies on Functional/integrative dermatology and other affiliations (Anthroposophic Medicine and breastfeeding)
- Active practitioner of Functional/integrative dermatology and other affiliations (Anthroposophic Medicine and Lactational dermatology)
- PDS Diplomate/Fellow in good standing with the PDS who must submit a certificate of good standing for the year of application
- A letter of intent addressed to the Chair of the interest group stating the reasons for the application and proposals/plans to contribute to the advancement of the interest group
- Complete curriculum vitae with 1×1 recent photo
- Incorporating integrative and functional dermatology in their practice
- Present any formal training/workshop/conference/seminar in integrative dermatology